Agents can request more information by clicking here: www.ritterim.com/excellus
Archive for the ‘New York’ Category
Posted in Alaska, All, American Continental, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Genworth Companies, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Insurance Companies, Insurance Products, Kansas, Kentucky, Medicare Supplement, Medigap Rate Changes/Introductions, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Mutual of Omaha, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Optima Health, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, States, Texas, United of Omaha, United World, Virginia, Wyoming on June 2, 2011 | Leave a Comment »
Ritter Insurance Marketing is committed to providing our agents with information about the insurance industry. Below are links to the lasted news in your state. (Must be logged into ritterim.zendesk.com/ to view forums)
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
This regulation applies to Insurance Producers in New York State and requires producers to make disclosures to consumers in regards to compensation which may be received as a result of the issuance of an insurance contract.
The regulation was instigated due to former New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer’s 2004 investigations of Aon, Willis and Marsh. In these cases, there was compensation paid by both the client and the insurer. Additionally, these transactions involved primarily very large commerical accounts.
However, the New York Insurance Department wanted the clarification of producer compensation to apply to transactions involving $100 or more in annual compensation.
The disclosure is a two step process. The first step is required in all cases. The more detailed disclosure is required when a consumer requests more detailed information.
Additionally, the producer is required to retain the disclosure for a period of 3 years.
Since this regulation is targeted to insurance producers and not to insurance companies themselves, producers should consult their legal advisers or associations for more details on how to ensure compliance with this regulation.
Craig Ritter will be hosting a special webex presentation for agents who are impacted by CMS’ announcement on Friday that Health Net, Arcadian and Universal American will be placed on Marketing Sanctions.
The call will take place at 3pm EASTERN TIME (Noon PACIFIC TIME) on Tuesday, November 23rd. We apologize for the short notice, however, this announcement just came out Friday afternoon and we wanted to talk about it prior to the Thanksgiving Holiday to give agents time to take some action.
All agents are welcome to attend, but the call will focus on the states of California, Virginia, Texas, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maine, Arizona and Oregon, which are the states we believe are most highly affected.
To register for the meeting, please click here!
Thanks to Scott in FL for the update! QHP operates 2 MA plans in FL and NY. They operated in the following counties in FL: Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Citrus, Clay, Columbi, Miami-Dade, Duval, hernando, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Lee, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Sarasota, Seminole, Sumter, Volusia.
Posted in About Ritter Insurance Marketing, Aetna, All, Baltimore Life, California, Education/Training, Final Expense Life, Genworth Companies, Individual Major Med, Insurance Companies, Long Term Care, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, Molina Medicare, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, States, Texas, United Health Care, Website on February 5, 2010 | 1 Comment »
Next week is a busy training week with national learning opportunities on the web and live training sessions in several states covering products from Single Premium Whole Life to Medicare Advantage to Cancer Insurance. Registration is “one click” away at Ritter Insurance’s “Event’s Calendar”! (You must be logged in to register!)
- Monday, Genworth is holding a webinar for all states. The webinar will review Genworths long-term care products. Also Aetna will be holding a seminar in NY that will discuss Individual Medicare Plans and OEP strategies. Aetna’s CA seminar will be about 2010 Medicare Advantage Plans.
- Tuesday, Aetna will hold a seminar in CA to discuss their 2010 Medicare Advantage Plans. United HealthCare will hold two webinar’s, one for PA agent’s who are contracted, licensed and certified to sell United HealthCare. The other for VA agents who are looking for OEP and product training. Baltimore Life will hold a webinar for all states to discuss their products.
- Wednesday, Aetna has a seminar schedule in CA to discuss 2010 Medicare Advantage Plans. Baltimore Life will hold a webinar for all states to discuss their products. United HealthCare will hold a webinar open to all states about the United HealthCare Election Periods. Molina Medicare has a number of webinars scheduled. Agents in OH, CA and TX will have the opportunity to learn more about Molina Option Plans.
- Thursday, Aetna will hold a seminar in CA to discuss their 2010 Medicare Advantage Plans. United HealthCare will hold two webinars for all states. The first is portal training and the other is about AmeriChoice SNP. Molina Medicare has a seminar scheduled for CA agents to discuss Molina Option Plans.
- Friday, United HealthCare will hold a seminar for CA United HealthCare brokers. United HealthCare will also hold a webinar for all states to discuss AmeriChoice SNP.