- Monday, August 29th; Coventry AEP Broker Seminar is being held in Grantville, PA and is open to PA agents. Universal Health Care Certification Training is being held in St. Petersburg; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IL and Tupelo, MS. 2012 Altius Product Training seminar is being held in South Jordan, UT. Foresters New Producer Training and Foresters Producer’s Guide to Member Benefits seminars are both open to all agents.
- Tueday, August 30th; Baltimore Life Tele-sales Training for Silver Guard Products Using INSpeed webinar is open to all Baltimore licensed agents. Coventry HAPA-CCP2012 Product Training seminar is being held in Mars, PA. Coventry AEP Broker Seminar is being held in Lancaster, PA. Coventry Health Care of Texas 2012 Medicare Broker Product Training seminar is being held in Plano, TX. Coventry, Part D Prescription Drug Benefit-All the Details seminar is being held in Augusta, GA. Florida; CoventryCCP Product Training webinar is open to all FL agents. Coventry SFL Onsite CCP Product Training seminar is being held in Stuart, FL. Universal Health Care Certification Trainings are being held in Fairfax, VA; Kansas City, MO; Stuart, FL; Houston, TX; Jackson, MS and Greensboro, NC. Genworth Roundtable Discussion to Grow Senior Market Business seminar is being held in Missoula, MS. Foresters LifeFirst Training webinar is open to all agents.
- Wednesday, August 31st; Coventry HAPA-CCP 2012 Product Training seminar is being held in Boardman, OH. Coventry AEP Broker Seminar is being held in Allentown, PA. Coventry Health Care of Texas 2012 Medicare Broker Product Training seminar is being held in Houston, TX. Universal Health Care Group Face to Face Trainings are being hosted in Springs, MD; St. Louis, MO; Boca Raton, FL; San Antonia, TX; North Dublin, OH; Monroe, LA and Raleigh, NC.
- Thursday, September 1st; Coventry HAPA-CCP 2012 Product Training seminar is being hosted in Monroevill, PA. Coventry 2012 Personal Care Product training seminar is being hosted in Rockford, IL. Coventry Health Care of Texas 2012 Medicare Broker Product Training seminar is being hosted in Antonio, TX. Universal Health Care Certification Meeting are being held in Orlando, FL; Rockville, MD; Perrysburg, OH; Grapvine, TX and Fayettevill, NC. Foresters PlanRight Training and Foresters SMART UL Training webinars are open to all agents. Aetna 2012 Product Training webinars open to agents in CT, DE, ME, NJ, NY, PA, VT, NH and Ri.
- Friday, September 2nd; Universal Health Care Certification Meeting seminar is being held in Charlotte, NC.
- Monday, September 5th; There are no scheduled training. Happy Labor Day!
Archive for the ‘Enrollment Periods’ Category
Posted in Aetna, All, Baltimore Life, Coventry, Education/Training, Enrollment Periods, Final Expense Life, Foresters, Genworth Companies, Health America, Individual Major Med, Insurance Companies, Insurance Products, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, Part D, States, Training/Certification, Universal Health Care on August 29, 2011 | Leave a Comment »
Ritter Insurance Marketing is committed to bringing, the agent, up to date insurance news. Below are two articles to help keep you in the know.
The 2011 Medicare AEP: Winners and Losers
The No-risk Referral
Posted in 2011 MA PLans, All, Bravo, CareMore, Education/Training, Enrollment Periods, Insurance Companies, Medicare Advantage, New Applications/Forms, New Business Submission, Preferred Care Partners, States, Uncategorized on January 28, 2011 | Leave a Comment »
This past week we held webinars for Caremore, Preferred Care partners and Bravo to review their Special needs plans. Below you will find a copy of the presentation along with any supporting materials. We did record the webinars so click on ‘Link to recording’ to listen.
We would like to thank everyone who attended one of our ADP webinar training events. We covered a lot of information during the events and there where great questions that we didn’t get a chance to answer due to time, so below we’ve posted the answers. If you have a question about ADP that was not answered during the training or below, please submit your questions by posting a comment. Also, attached is a 2011 Election Period Booklet.
Q and A
Q - SEP- Does SEP apply if PFFS termed for 12/31/10, employer automatically place him into their Med Adv plan. Can we still move them into Med Sup?
A – Yes, they would be able to use the ADP to return to original Medicare and enroll into a PDP. They would also have 63 days starting January 1st to purchase a Medicare supplement under Guaratee Issue.
Q - If client didn’t elect to have part B at the time of eligibility but then applies later does this create a SEP?
A - No, it doesn’t create a SEP but the client would have their ICEP
Q – If a beneficiary’s Part D plan doesn’t renew effective January 1st, how long does the beneficiary have to enroll into another Part D plan?
A - They would have a SEP through the month of January for a February 1st effective date.
Here is the 2011 Election Period Booklet for you to download.
If you missed our ADP webinar training and would like to attend out next ADP event on January 13th at 2:00 PM (EST) click here.
Outlined below are the dates for Year End Application Submissions as provided by CMS.
Paper enrollment forms and disenrollment requests received via U.S. Mail delivery on Monday, January 3, 2011, regardless of U.S. Postal Service postmark, may be considered “received” on Friday, December 31, 2010, and thus accepted as AEP elections.
Paper enrollment forms and disenrollment requests received Tuesday, January 4, 2011, through Friday, January 7, 2011, with a U.S. Postal Service postmark on or before December 31, 2010, may be accepted and considered received on the postmarked date.
AEP requests received in the mail after January 7, 2011, regardless of postmark, must be denied.
Here is a story from Business Week which talks about the Annual Enrollment Period for 2011 Medicare Advantage plans and the lack of an Open Enrollment for 2011 from January 1st – March 31st. The Open Enrollment from 1/1/11 through 3/31/11 has been replaced by an Annual Disenrollment Period from January 1st to February 14th, 2011 where the only option for a Medicare Beneficiary in an Medicare Advantage plan is to go back to Original Medicare.
On my “Learn about Medicare Advantage Page”, I have links to the Chapter 2 Enrollment Guidance from CMS and also to some specifics on this Special Election Period (SEP) and the other SEP’s. Here is a link to that page for the Medicare Advantage SEP:
Here is the Section on SEP’s for Non-Renewals (Where Health plan voluntarily disenrolls the members) and Terminations (where CMS terminates a Health plan’s contract):
30.4.3 – SEPs for Non-renewals or Terminations
In general, SEPs are established to allow members affected by non-renewals or terminations ample time to elect a new plan. Effective dates during these SEPs are described below. CMS has the discretion to modify this SEP as necessary for any non-renewals or terminations when the circumstances are unique and warrant a modified SEP. In particular:
- Non-renewals - A SEP exists for members of MA plans that will be affected by plan or contract non-renewals and plan service area reductions that are effective January 1 of the contract year. In order to provide sufficient time for members to evaluate their options, the SEP begins October 1 and ends on January 31 of the following year.
Enrollment requests received from October 1 through December 31 will have an effective date of January 1. Enrollment requests received in January will have an effective date of February 1.
MA organization Termination of Contract and Terminations/Contract Modifications by Mutual Consent.
An SEP exists for members of plans who will be affected by a termination of contract by the MA organization or a modification or termination of the contract by mutual consent (42 CFR §§422.512 and 422.508(a)(1)). The SEP begins two months before the proposed termination effective date, and ends one month after the month in which the termination occurs.
Please note that if an individual does not elect an MA plan before the termination effective date, he/she will be defaulted to Original Medicare on the effective date of the termination. However, the SEP will still be in effect for one month after the effective date of the termination should the individual wish to subsequently elect an MA plan (for a current, not retroactive, effective date). Beneficiaries affected by these types of terminations may request an effective date of the month after notice is given, or up to two months after the effective date of the termination. However, the effective date may not be earlier than the date the new MA organization receives the enrollment request.
The Wall Street Journal reports and what happens when Medicare Beneficiaries change residences. This can impact their Part D Prescription Drug plan or their Medicare Advantage plan. Medicare Beneficiaries would get a Special Election which allows them to move to a new plan, however, they need to be aware that there is a limited time frame for this move.
With the changes to Private Fee for Service (PFFS) coming on January 1st, 2011 which require “networking” in many counties, there will be a large number of non-renewals as of 12/31/2010. Now is the time to start thinking about your marketing plans for this fall!
Some agents are not aware that there is an SEP for MA Plan non-renewals. According to the CMS 2011 Call Letter, you can begin marketing on October 2nd, 2010. Here is a description of the SEP from my “Learn about Medicare Advantage” page.
Letters will be mailed on or around October 2nd. You will need this letter as proof of the SEP. The SEP will allow you to take an enrollment in October for a 1/1/2011 effective (you can also take an enrollment in October for a 11/1/2010 effective or an enrollment in November for a 12/1/2010 effective, but I generally don’t recommend it since in most cases MOOP’s/deductibles, etc. will start over).
If you have clients who are impacted, make sure you are appointed and certified early to avoid the rush (every year we see 4-6 week delays in licensing/appointment turn around times) and to be sure you have your supplies in time to start enrolling.
For clients who do not have an SEP, you can begin marketing on October 1st, however, you cannot take an enrollment form until November 15th.
Remember, even with existing clients, a Scope of Appointment Form is almost always required to be signed in advance any time you meet with a beneficiary about a Medicare Advantage or Part D plans (walk ins would be an example of an exception).