Posted in CMS, News on August 19, 2011 |
19 Comments »
10/20/2011 UPDATE: Social Security benefit increase for 2012 was finalized yesterday at 3.6%. Here is a link to my blog post on this along with some refinement of where the Medicare Part B premium for 2012 will land when it is announced the week of October 24th.
10/15/2011 UPDATE: Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period began today! The Annual Enrollment Period (or AEP) runs from October 15th 2011 through December 7th, 2011. To find information on your 2012 Medicare Advantage, Part D or Medicare Supplement options from a local insurance agent, click here.
Here is the Original Story:
Here is a link to an early story on the upcoming increases for Social Security Benefits and Medicare Part B premiums for 2012. The number should be out in early to mid October. The past 2 years, Social Security benefits have not increased due to the way that inflation is calculated. Medicare beneficiaries are “held harmless” to Part B premium increases unless they are new to Medicare, in which case that get the higher premium. About 75% of Medicare beneficiaries are paying the $96.40/month, however, those who were enrolled in Part B in 2011 are paying a much higher rate: $115.40.
I’ll need to do a little research to see if there is a SS increase, if those paying the $96.40 will jump the whole way up to the $115.40, or if they will only get an increase based on their current premium. A few years back, the Part B premium was pretty standardized, however, today there are a multitude of premium rates someone could be paying.
Read Full Post »
Posted in All, Baltimore Life, Coventry, Education/Training, Final Expense Life, Genworth Companies, Humana, Individual Major Med, Insurance Companies, Insurance Products, Long Term Care, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, States, Training/Certification, Universal Health Care on August 19, 2011 |
Leave a Comment »
- Monday, August 22nd; 2012 Altius Product Training is being held in South Jordan, UT.
- Tuesday, August 23rd; Baltimore Life Tele-sales Training for Silver Guard Products Using INSpeed webinar is open to all Baltimore licensed agents. Humana Certification Training is being held in Phoenix, AZ. Universal Health Care Certification is being held in Roswell, GA; Roanoke, VA; Lake Mary, FL; Daytona Beach, FL; Monroeville, PA; Shreveport, LA and Columbia, SC. Genworth Seminar for Senior Supplemental Products is being held in Brooklyn, MN. Coventry 2012 HAPA-WPA CCP Product Training is being held in Mars, PA. 2012 Altius Product Training is being held in Ogden, UT. New TransCare II LTCi Products webinar is open to all agents.
- Wednesday, August 24th; Humana Certification Training is being held in Phoenix, AZ. Universal Health Care Certification is being held in Rockville, MD; Washington DC; Duluth, GA; Las Vegas, NV; Baton Rouge, LA and Greenville, SC.
- Thursday, August 25th; Universal Health Care Certification Training is being held in Rockville, MD; Washington, DC; Plantation, FL; Jacksonville, FL; Marietta, GA; Alexandria, LA and Ashville, NC. Genworth Seminar for Senior Supplemental Products is being held in Rochester, MN. 2012 Altius Product Training seminar is being held in South Jordan, UT.
- Friday, August 26th; Ritter Insurance 2011 Summit is being held in Harrisburg, PA. Universal Health Care Group Face to Face Training is being held in Camp Springs, MD and Stockbridge, GA.
- Monday, August 29th; Coventry AEP Broker Seminar is being held in Grantville, PA. Universal Health Care Certification Training is being held in St. Petersburg, FL; Houston, TX; Mt Vernon, IL and Tupelo, MS. 2012 Altius Product Training seminar is being held in South Jordan, UT.
Read Full Post »