The states are in a bit of a bind regarding the implementation of the Health Care Reform law. The states will have a lot of work to do between now and 2014 regarding implementation. If they choose not to proceed with implementation, HHS will step in to do the implementation work for them (and the state may like this less than doing it themselves). Additionally, there is a Court Order out of Florida declaring the law unconstitutional (it will likely take a full year for the Supreme Court to weigh in on this) and a Republican Congress which is trying to defund HHS and the IRS (who have been an a massive hiring spree) to impede implementation.
Archive for February 25th, 2011
HHS announced an additional $200 million available to the states to implement effective Rate Review processes for Health Insurance premium increases. Currently, if there is an excessive increase (defined as 10% or greater), if the state does not have a review process, the increase will go to the HHS. However, HHS does not have the power to deny a rate increase. That said, HHS has a huge stick it can use by refusing to allow carriers to participate in exchanges in 2014. So, not many insurers will be excited to get into a battle with HHS over “excessive increases”.
Posted in 2011 MA PLans, All, Baltimore Life, Bravo, Education/Training, Final Expense Life, Genworth Companies, Health Option One, Individual Major Med, Insurance Companies, Insurance Products, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, Molina Medicare, States on February 25, 2011 | Leave a Comment »
Do you need insurance product training? RitterIm.com has an up-to-today posting of all the top carriers trainings on the events calendar. Registration is “one click” away at Ritter Insurance’s “Events’ Calendar”! (You must be logged in to register!)
- Monday, Feb. 28th; Molina Medicare 2011 Broker Training webinar is open to agents in UT. Health Option One Product Overview and Training webinar is open to all agents.
- Tuesday, Mar. 1st; Coventry GHP-CCP New Agent Training webinar is open to agents in MO. Baltimore Life Tele-sales Training for Silver Guard Products Using INSpeed webinar is open to all agents that are licensed with Baltimore Life. Genworth Senior Supplemental Insurance Product Seminar is being held in Flint , MI.
- Wednesday, Mar. 2nd; Genworth Senior Supplemental Insurance Product Seminar is being held in Lansing , MI. Bravo SEP Training seminar is being held in Philadelphia, PA. To attend the Bravo training you must first be licensed. The training will complete your certification process with Bravo.
- Thursday, Mar. 3rd; Ritter Insurance Marketing is hosting a Bravo Certification training section in Harrisburg, PA. Genworth Senior Supplemental Insurance Product Seminar is being held in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Friday, Mar. 4th; No scheduled training at this time.